Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Favorite Poem

My favorite poem is 'A View of Taishan' which is written by TuFu. He is the most famous poet during Chinese history. Different LiBai, his poem let readers feel grieved and upset, it is because he live in the end of the Tang Dynasty. It was going downhill. 
  What shall I say of the Great Peak?
  The ancient dukedoms are everywhere green,
  Inspired and stirred by the breath of creation,
  With the Twin Forces balancing day and night.
  I bare my breast toward opening clouds,
  I strain my sight after birds flying home.
  When shall I reach the top and hold
  All mountains in a single glance?
In the first several sentences of the poem, the author expressed that the Taishan was beautiful and magnificent. The last two sentence, when Tufu was on the top of the Taishan, he found out all the others were that small, all the hard climbing was deserved. It let readers feel the big ambition of the author. He wanted to serve for his country. The poem let me feel like I am on the top of the Taishan too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment